Friday 9 January 2015

PB&J on knäckebröd

Haha, somedays just the smallest things remind me of how lucky I actually am in life.

Today that is eating PB&J-knäckebröd.

To the scandics: PB&J is peanutbutter and jam. Raspberryjam for me. You put them on bread. And it's amazing (specially with cheese on top). In Scandinavia we don't have peanutbutter. Actually, when I went to Finland for Christmas, I had a jar of pb in my luggage. The bag got flagged at security and went the other way (Schipholsecurity is on a completely different level from anything else I've been through). I've always had pb with me, so I just laughed to the securitylady that "haha, I can guess what you want to look at". She looked at the screen and then looked at me. Just stared at me and went: It's peanutbutter, isn't it. It's always peanutbutter.

and apparently you can't take that aboard the flight because it's "liquid".

To the non-Scandics: Knäckebröd is crisp bread. It lasts forever-ish, it's hard and yummy. I'm really bad with bread, it always starts getting moldy before I finish it, which has a lot to do with my love for knäckebröd. I can take one slice today, another in 3 weeks.

And the combination of these two is so amazing. And in a way, it perfectly describes my life - taking the best of everything, of all the homes, countries and lives I've had. It's not always the big picture, sometimes it's in those small little moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share thoughts and ideas. Please don't spam.