Saturday 10 January 2015

Saturdaystroll along Amstel

Two months in Amsterdam, but haven't posted much about it.

The reason is pretty simple - haven't had much to post. Moving is always quite a struggle for the wallet, specially if you weren't prepared to move to a new country. I'm still waiting for my salaries to start rolling properly, so I have out of a necessity been mostly hanging around at the flat. We live a bit off the grid, and there's not much here in Gaasperplas to see.

But, now I finally have a monthly card for the metro so I can actually travel around a bit better in city. When you are broke, it kinda is too much to pay 6 euros just to travel somewhere and back... The card cost me 90 euros, it's valid for a month with unlimited metrotravel - and my employer pays it back to me. Win!

So today I put my brave pants on and dared out in the stormy winds, took the metro towards the city with a plan of jumping off somewhere and wander around with my camera. Got of at Wibaustraat and strolled along the river Amstel towards the citycentre. Not the best day for photography, everything was grey and the wind was really horrible! But a nice stroll, definitely.

Around Spui I ran into some really cool street art. Have to try and get some of them posted here as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share thoughts and ideas. Please don't spam.