Monday 11 November 2013

1 down..

I'm gonna start with the simple one.

EUROPE

So, this got checked pretty much at the moment I took my first breath.

I'm born in a little town in southeastern Finland. And with little, I mean one church and 2 bars.
When I was 18, I took my first step into the wild and moved away to southern France with a one week notice to work as an au pair. I was there for 11 months, insisting on never returning to Finland. Thankfully, my parents got through to me that I need some kind of an education. So I returned for what was supposed to be a year or two.

Eight years later...

Realising that none of the reason that had held me in Finland for those years, you know, relationships, studyloans, and so on, weren't keeping me back. So, when my job ended, I resigned from my flat and starting get rid of everything. At that point my whole plan was "Away".
I ended up in Dublin,Ireland and fell in love with the city. So nowadays home usually means Ireland. But but...things happened and suddenly I found myself living in Malta, which is where I'm writing this.

So, so far I've spent about 2,5 years of my life being an expat in Europe. Besides that, I've done a fewtrips within our lovely continent. Trips to Sweden to see grandma, a week in Crete and a week in Cyprus with the family, shopping trips to Italy when living in France, a weekend in Belfast. And airports. If we count up airports I've been to most West-European countries.
 
My current view in life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share thoughts and ideas. Please don't spam.