Wednesday 20 November 2013

3,5 workdays until Dublin

Since I'm stressed out and tired at work (gosh how much work there is to prepare everything just so I can take a vacation) and doing these really brainf#cktranslations, so I'm now wasting my lunch hour with dreaming of things I will enjoy in Dublin.

Can't wait to go "back home" next Tuesday. I know, I've only been away for like 4 months but if I haven't said it enough: I love Dublin. If only I could get a good job there and actually be able to afford living there...not to mention if it was a bit sunnier there...

But, my BIG plans for next week.Leaving out the obvious hanging around with firends an so on.

  • Shopping at Penneys. I went into a few shops here. Why pay 20 euros for a top when I can get 4 for the same money in Penneys? I'm gonna fly in with only the clothes I'm wearing and my loyal blue bag empty for once.
  • Not drink beer. When I was moving away from Ireland, I was so fed up with Bulmers. Now I can't wait to get one.
  • Play Munchkin. Yes, I lived with nerds. Somethings catched on.
  • Order pizza from Apache. Who would have ever thought you could miss Apache? I honestly haven't had a single pizza since I moved away. Now I want my usual. BBQ sauce, lambkebab, red onion, peppers. Oh yeah, I'm skipping lunch today,maybe I shouldn't talk about food.
  • Walk slowly through Grafton Street and have a coffee in St. Stephen's Green. I was always to busy to enjoy the small things, now I'll have all the time I need while my friends are working.
  • Visit Somewhere-else. It's almost shameful how little I spent time outside of Dublin.
  • Visit one of the museums. I've only been to the Photographic archive and that was a pretty big letdown.
  • Hang around at Trinity. Anyone know the timetable for the rugbypractise?
  • Catch a movie. Seriously, Maltese cinemas have intermissions. Never made to a viewing yet. Probably never will. And CineWorld is just a brilliant place.
  • BagelBar. The one on Abbey Street. That always greets you with a smell of burnt bagels when you make it through the usually broken door. And where you have the friendliest but most unorganized staff. I love the place. And I love bagels. Why hasn't stuffed bagels become a proper thing elsewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share thoughts and ideas. Please don't spam.