Monday 11 November 2013

Up to a rough start

So... Even if this was decided a bit before this project started, I'm going to count this as actually travelling.

I'm going to Ireland in a few weeks, even if is in a way 'visiting home' it's still one of my few holidays abroad.

Been really looking forward to it. I love Dublin, it's a shame so few actually goes to visit it. And having a bunch of really wonderful people there doesn't hurt...

Anyway, I found out today at work that the system I'm expert on is going through some big changes and needs some extra work. And of course it can only be done when my holiday is booked. And paid. With Ryan Air flights. Without a chance of refund.

I was almost crying at work, already seeing my holiday cancelled. But, thankfully, I have a great boss who promised that I can keep my holiday since it's a bit of short notice. I just need to spend a day on standby to help out my team and do some distance work.

So, a whole morning without a hungover or being drunk. In Dublin. Oh gosh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share thoughts and ideas. Please don't spam.