Sunday 17 November 2013

Lonely Planet & Bourdain are my weekend heroes

Been a chilly weekend spent wrapped up in my thick duvet.

Winter is arriving to Malta, and though it's still alright weather outside, that doesn't feel inside the apartment. I live in the second floor but it feels like a cellar. Icecold and damp, mold and no heating. Folks have laughed at me that I'm just too sensitive, but a friend visiting me confirmed that no, it's not me, it really is a freezer I live in. Well, training for Antarctica...

So, having a weekend on the couch just added on to the anticipation of my Saturdaynight favourite :Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, specially since this week was from Detroit.

When I talk about my US plan, I'm mostly looking forward to Detroit and New Orleans. And people can't understand why I want to go to Detroit.

I love rugged beauty. I'd rather spend a day at an abandoned factory than at a rose garden.

Watching the episode just made me more excited than ever about one day seeing Detroit. And of course, Mo-town. I love motown music. Love it.

Right now, the US tour is pretty stongly on my mind, likely since it's a new idea.

But Japan has to be next fall, and making two trips might not work out. I need to work hard to even afford one proper trip, not to mention trying to get the vacation days to be enough.

I can be honest, I'm not really sure what to expect about Japan. I'm more Harajuku than well, rose gardens :D

But, I have no decent vision of the trip. Thankfully, I got some good help from my favourite traveldatabase. Just have a look at this http://www.lonelyplanet.com/japan/travel-tips-and-articles/77715

Definitely starting to get some Tokyo vibes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share thoughts and ideas. Please don't spam.