Tuesday 26 November 2013

It's only sand!

Yeah. Travelling light. It can sometimes cause a bit of panic.
I'm switching flights in Eindhoven, Ryanairs version of Amsterdam. Enjoyed a long coffee at Starbucks and walked around the airport a bit. Unfortunately, I realised about an hour too late that I had miscalculated my lay-over and could have maybe wondered of a bit longer. I thought about taking the bus into Amsterdam but it would have been a bit too tight for my taste.

So, here I am stuck on the airport and after checking that I can smoke on the airside, it hit me.

I am flying out from Amsterdam. The "drug capitol of Europe". Where I only spent 5h.
I have no clothes or pretty much any other personal stuff on me.
What do have, is quite a bit of cash(I haven't got a maltese account yet, so I'm on my way to deposit money to my account in Ireland).
2 phones.
Extra sim-card.
Some sort of IDs from 3 different countries. All with small variations of my name.
4 cartoons of cigarettes (they cost half the price in Malta, so my smoker friends might want some).
5 vials of odd coloured liquid(local liqueurs).
A small bottle of pink sand-hidden in a woollen sock(souvenir!).
Oh, and a notebook with scribbled calculations(did some work-thinking on the plane").

I've seen Border Control.

Thankfully, the security at Eindhoven didn't care. Let's just hope the same goes for Dublin...

1 comment:

Please do share thoughts and ideas. Please don't spam.